We all know the feeling. You've practiced, prepared, got your head in the game, but suddenly you hit a brick wall. Despite your passion to keep going, your body and your mind tell you no. You're too exhausted to move. Your muscles are strained. Your emotional momentum is spent. So now what?
Here's a few things to consider:
1. Change your focus. Exhaustion goes beyond what you're feeling right now. It's not about that single moment, but all the moments that you're dreading ahead. Maybe you've been running your business. Things were going great. You've finally hit your stride. But then something happens. Maybe your customers changed. Maybe you've changed. But for some reason things have slowed down. Instead of thinking that things may be over, think of a ways you can change your perspective. Maybe it's time to revamp.
2. Listen to your body. If you're tired then you may need a break. I know it can sound like a luxury, but sometimes it's just what you need. Step away from the chaos a second. Go out with your friends. Take a long walk with your best set of headphones. Take some time to look at your life from a distance. What's really going on? How can you dust yourself off?
3. Throw a party. Here's the thing. This may just mean that one phase is over. Maybe you've reached your plateau. You did great. It was amazing. Now it's time for the next phase to start.
4. Start having new conversations. Who are the people who lift you? Go find them. Tell them what's going on. Allow them to do what they do. Be open to their comfort and remember to laugh now and then.
5. Say thank you. The wall is often a sign. It's a message for you to make a decision. Whether you stop or you decide to keep going, it interrupts you from the chaos of life. It reminds you that you do have some choices. The trick is to own whatever choices you make!