Friday, April 29, 2011

OK...so you may end up failing

I know it’s a hard pill to swallow, but a truth that you may need to hear. I mean even as I write this I’m scared. I’m petrified of how you will read this. I’m worried about making you angry. Will I say the wrong thing? Will I sound like a fraud? Will there be a nasty string of comments to follow? This is what happens when you put yourself out there. Some people like you; some people won’t. Sometimes you’ll fail; sometimes you’ll succeed. But each effort is a major step forward.

There’s this old military expression: "No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy”. The first step is getting down in the trenches – maybe you’re facing an enemy – maybe you’re facing your fear of yourself. It’s hard to know what to expect. But you have to take a leap and get in there. Only then can you plot your next move – only then can you sift through the needles – only then can you slowly make progress. No matter what point you’re at - no matter how scared you are, you have to get out there and do it. You have gifts that only you have been given. You have talent that can shine a new light. There’s a chance you may fall on your face, but next time you’ll have more ammunition!

No comments:

Post a Comment